Saturday, November 21, 2009

Congratulations Bob Driscoll

The recount is over and the winner of the Ward 4 race is Bob Driscoll... or is it? Well while there were some "issues" (two ballots missing per the Salem News, 10 missing per the bloggers), all involved have come to accept the new results as final.

Councilor Bob Driscoll has been
re-elected Ward 4 Councilor


The process may have had a few glitches in it, but in the end, I believe, the voters were fairly represented.

The Salem News: Peabody's Driscoll wins recount by 2

This was a very good example of real democracy in action. I was so pleased to see that BOTH candidates had decided to ask for a recount in order to ensure that the will of the people was being fairly represented.

I think that as far as City Council races in Peabody go, this was a very respectful and collegial race - two qualities that should be well heeded in many of the other races around this City.

I think Councilor Driscoll should be considering this coming term as his swansong and make sure to get done what he would like to see as his legacy on the City Council. I think it will soon be Mr. Grayson's turn to lead this Ward and to help steer the City.

My congratulation to both gentlemen for a well fought battle and for showing us how to act in both victory and defeat.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Corruption rules

Peabody_Insider said...

Prove it.

Anonymous said...

We're working on it. We have a mole who will reveal some things soon. Right now, we're just getting our witnesses in place.

Peabody_Insider said...

I look forward to hearing the facts. If something like this has taken place, I will be one of people fighting for justice.

But until that time when real facts are brought forth, it is simply sour grapes.

And frankly, I think City Clerk Tim Spanos is one of the more honorable people I have ever met, so it will be hard to convince me otherwise.

Anonymous said...

It has nothing to do with Tim. He's a very honest guy, and is unaware of any shenanigans. But wait and see. Something big is coming.

Anonymous said...

Still waiting......

 
Elegant template from BlogMundi
Photo credit: Elizabeth Thomsen, CCL