Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Peabody Patriot - Gone Again?


I saw today that The Peabody Patriot has taken a little break from blogging. I certainly hope that this is indeed a temporary situation and that Jorge (or whoever) will be back to provide another place for discussion of the relevant topics to the City of Peabody and her citizens.

Let me say that I certainly did not always agree with Jorge, or the long line of Pat's (etc.) before him, but I had respect for the efforts put forth to try and create an engaging place for Peabody Citizens to discuss the issues of the day. And often... The Patriot was an early source for news that only hit the papers days later. Come back soon Jorge.

One Peabody poster (WhoGAF) recently said that the Peabody Roundtable is the Big Dog now. Well, speaking to that, let me make this brief statement (and for folks who have read my posts before... you know how hard a BRIEF statement is for me):

I plan on continuing posting commentary on issues of the day and interesting Peabody news items. I was not and will not be in the habit of publishing rumors without some hard evidence or to engage in unfounded speculation. I believe those who have asked us, the citizens, for the opportunity to serve us (as elected & appointed officials or as public servants) are subject to a certain level of scrutiny regarding their handling of public issues and City business. I also believe that they have a right to a certain amount of privacy that should not be breached unless it comes into conflict with their responsibilities to the citizenry. I think you know I prefer facts to attacks and open and frank discussion instead of mockery and name calling.

With your help the Peabody Roundtable can become a place for positive engagement for the citizens of Peabody.

PI
peabody_insider@yahoo.com

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nobody's interested in any of this crap anymore. Get the hint...

Peabody_Insider said...

But yet you took the time to come and look... AND leave a supportive comment!

You should take your own hint and not bother to come around if you don't like that these (this) place exists.

I would agree that things in the City realm have taken a major backseat to the big issues at the National and State levels... and more importantly to the troubles in people's personal situations.

But, this will be a place that is here if and when people would like to discuss the issues.

You are certainly welcome to stay... or go. It is your call.

Anonymous said...

OG says..
greetings PI---I suspect that local political happenings will emerge once again after they sort out the federal and state aid stimulus packages....the trickle down to the city level process has a ways to go yet...surely Mayor Mike and Patty Shaffer are sharpening their pencils as I type this!!

Anonymous said...

PI, THIS may fit into one of your topics?

Peabody_Insider said...

Hi Anon:
I agree this is a VERY GOOD topic for discussion!
And maybe you mean I should open up a new topic for it? Or did you miss the post right under this one?

I am NOT being snotty here. My guess is that I will have a few newer readers who haven't seen my previous posts... so you could start reading here... and then move onto the new post I am making for this subject!

And YES! I am open to ideas about topics of interest. Feel free to post a comment or email me anytime.

Anonymous said...

Heeeeeeees Baaaaaaaaaaaaack.

 
Elegant template from BlogMundi
Photo credit: Elizabeth Thomsen, CCL