Monday, March 2, 2009

Goodbye Jorge Peabody

I have had one last exchange with The Peabody Patriot's Jorge Peabody. He has handed the reins of the Patriot to another and is planning a more subdued life as a visitor rather than a blogger.

Jorge was the latest in a long line of folks to man the helm of the Patriot. Now Jorge and I did not always agree on things, sometimes we did, but often we didn't. And that never seemed to bother him or me. And I found that to be a refreshing stance from the Patriot.

Jorge did a very competent job and I for one will miss is presence. Jorge, you are always welcome to come and participate here.

I look towards the newest rendition of the Patriot with a bit of skeptical intrigue... will it devolve back into a room full of cheap shots and yelling? Or might it continue down the path of civilized and thoughtful discussion of the important topics of the day?

We will all wait and see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi PI,

Thank you, I will continue to visit as I last told you. I am sure that the Patriot site will continue to be open for all to visit. It is a great deal of work (as you know) and I could no longer devote that much time.

Many would think it was an easy task to just look at the local papers on the internet, add a bit of personalized/opinionated commentary and start a thread. Well as you can see, it takes time.

I liked adding pictures (sometime funny and sometimes questionable) to the Patriot threads hoping tp provoke laughter or views from "google earth" trying to educate. I hope that the new moderator continues with that.

I see that the Patriot has taken on it's original look, and I think thats cool! I wish the new moderator of the Patriot the best of luck, as I do to you PI.

See ya around!

 
Elegant template from BlogMundi
Photo credit: Elizabeth Thomsen, CCL