Sunday, May 17, 2009

NECN and Billy Costa visit Peabody hungry... and leave satisfied!

New England Cable News is one of the first places I turn to for breaking local news... now granted breaking news means in the first 6-8 hours... but where else are you going to turn?

And one good thing about NECN is Billy Costa and his quest for gastronomical greatness. His program Destinations was in Peabody this week looking for a few good places to enjoy dinner. I thought it was worth sharing.

Destination Peabody: Pellana

Destination Peabody: O'Fado

Destination Peabody: Westside Family Restaurant

Destination Peabody: Sugar Cane


And one more feature of the NECN site is Pipin Hot Spots. In this segment they discuss some Peabody favorites: Petrillo's, Su-Chang's, Fire Bull and Toscana's.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear that the Westside Restaurant is going before the council in a couple of weeks for a beer and wine license.

Let's see which of our fony councilors cave on this one.

Peabody_Insider said...

Do you have reasons for or against them getting such a license? I have never eaten at this place, nor do I know the owners, so I have no idea of the facts in this circumstance.

Peabody_Insider said...

I'm curious...

Has anyone been to Pellana's?

I have heard two things...

1) it is a good steak house

2) it is really pricey

I have a nice thing to celebrate in the not to distant future and am wondering how others feel about this place.

 
Elegant template from BlogMundi
Photo credit: Elizabeth Thomsen, CCL